We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
- we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) ("GDPR"), I, Dylan Jones, am the "data controller". If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact me via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data I collect via my website www.dylanyoungauthor.com (the "Website")
Personal Data that you provide to me
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website in the following ways:
When you sign-up to receive free content, including eBooks, news and offers;
- Type of data collected may include: Email address / First name / Last name/ Tel number
When you complete the Contact and Newsletter forms.
Type of data collected: Email address / First Name / Last name / Any Personal Data which you provide to me in the free text box of the form
2. Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of my website;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
- improve my services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
I may share Personal Data as necessary with an assistant for the sake of setting up newsletter campaigns or sending competition prizes.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure*
I sometimes use Mailchimp, a respected email tool with security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data I collect. I and they maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and my services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email [firstname.lastname@example.org] to:
- see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask me to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask me to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties' use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
9. Contact Us
Our full details are:
Email for Privacy Questions: email@example.com